Social media marketing has helped many businesses achieve new heights of success, and it can do the same for you. But with so many different platforms out there, it can be difficult to choose which one(s) you should focus on and even more challenging to know how to use them effectively. Here’s everything you need to know about how to do social media marketing and what types of strategies, tools, and tips are available to help you succeed online.
Social media marketing is the process of using online platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to build relationships and interact with potential and current customers. It’s a form of inbound marketing that allows you to reach out to people who are already looking for what you have to offer. The tools of social media marketing include posting content on your company’s blog or website and providing information about the company. Tools also include commenting on other websites, like those from competitors. You can also use social media to generate leads by advertising your business or product on your profiles and encouraging followers to share it with their friends. Tools of social media marketing also include managing customer relations and building awareness. You should make sure to post regularly to maintain a steady stream of activity on all accounts. Posting five times per day is considered optimal for engagement purposes. A great way to get more likes on Facebook posts is by asking questions that encourage engagement among followers and prompt them to comment back.
A few types of posts that are popular on social media channels are news updates, contests, and inspirational quotes. News updates provide brief summaries of recent events happening within your industry while contests ask people to do something (such as retweet) in order to win a prize.
The 5 types of Social Media Marketing
- Advertising– You can use social media platforms to create and run ads. This is a great way to reach a large audience with targeted messaging.
- Influencer Marketing– You can partner with influencers who have a large following on social media. They can help promote your product or service to their followers.
- Content Marketing– You can create engaging content that will interest your target audience. This can be in the form of blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.
- Personal Branding– Create an online presence for yourself by using tools like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or other social networks.
- Customer Service– You can use these tools to stay connected with customers and answer questions they may have about your company’s products and services
3 Simple Ways to Optimize Your Account
- Use strong visuals
Make sure your profile photo and cover photo are high quality and represent your brand well. Your photos should be optimized for each social media platform – for example, Facebook cover photos are 851×315 pixels while Twitter cover photos are 1500×500 pixels.
- Use keywords
Use relevant keywords in your bio so that people searching for those terms will find you. Include a link to your website or blog in the description of each post.
- Update consistently
If you want to grow an engaged following on any social media site, make sure you post at least once a day with content that is interesting and relevant to your followers.
Tools of Social Media Marketing- What are they? There are many tools available online (like Hootsuite) which help marketers save time by managing their profiles across multiple networks from one place, scheduling posts ahead of time, and more!
5 Tools Every Marketer Should Use
- Google Analytics– Helps you track your website traffic and understand where your audience is coming from.
- Hootsuite– A social media management platform that lets you schedule posts, track who’s talking about your brand, and measure your success over time.
- CoSchedule– A tool that helps you plan, publish, optimize, and measure your blog posts and social media updates in one place.
- SumoMe– Free app (for WordPress) that helps drive more readers to your site by providing tools like Welcome Mats, Share Bars, Scroll Boxes, and more.
- MailChimp– Email marketing service for small businesses looking to grow their customer list with no set up cost or contract required.
10 Different tips for Social Media Marketing
- Use social media platforms to create a strong online presence for your business. This will help you reach more potential customers and followers.
- Use attractive visuals and content to draw people in and keep them engaged. This could include photos, videos, infographics, etc.
- Be active on social media platforms by posting regularly and interacting with your audience. This will help build relationships and trust.
- Use effective marketing and advertising strategies on social media to promote your products or services.
- Monitor what is being said about your company on social media sites to see what’s working and what isn’t working.
- Have an objective when marketing on social media sites; don’t just post information about yourself all the time or it can be viewed as spamming others who follow you.
- Put together a plan before using any type of social media marketing campaign that includes objectives, target audience, promotional material and other necessary details.
- Include marketing and advertising materials in posts such as links, ads, images or video.
- Optimize your website so search engines rank it high for related keywords – this will increase the number of visitors to your site which may lead to new leads and sales opportunities.
- Investigate legal requirements associated with marketing and advertising on social media sites (e.g., do not use false profiles).
Overall, social media marketing is a great way to connect with potential and current customers. It’s important to consider what type of content you want to share, which platforms are most appropriate for your business, and how often you should be posting. There are a number of tools available to help you with social media marketing, so be sure to take advantage of them. With a little effort, you can soon see the benefits of social media marketing in your business. It’s not always easy to know where to start when it comes to social media marketing, but there are some helpful resources out there. A general rule of thumb is to post at least once per day on each platform, but it may depend on your specific needs.